from North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, and worldwide
- What is the northernmost U.S. state?
- What is the southernmost U.S. state?
- What is the westernmost U.S. state?
- What is the easternmost U.S. state?
- What is the only U.S. state to have existed as an independent country?
- What is the oldest U.S. city founded by Europeans?
- What is the oldest inland U.S. city founded by Europeans?
- What is the oldest U.S. state capital?
- Which of the eight compass directions would a ship be heading if it were
passing through the Panama Canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific?
- Where does the Colorado River empty?
- What is the most popular U.S. national park?
- What is the next most popular U.S. national park?
- What two U.S. states share borders with the most other states?
- How many borders are shared?
- What three U.S. states share borders with the least other states?
- How many borders are shared?
- What is the oldest capital city in the Americas?
- What U.S. state has had the most active volcanoes in the past century?
- How many active volcanoes [under ten, ten to twenty, over twenty]?
- What is the smallest province of Canada?
- What is the largest province of Canada?
- If a plane flies directly south from Chicago, which country of South
America would be flown over first?
- What South American country stretches furthest north to south?
- How many independent countries resulted from the breakup of the Soviet
- What other names have been given to St. Petersburg (Russia) since 1900?
- What is the only volcano on the European mainland to have erupted since
- Where is Waterloo located, the site of Nepoleon's famous defeat?
- How many independent European countries are smaller than Rhode Island?
- What are the official languages recognized in Switzerland?
- Where is Transylvania located?
- What African country was founded in 1847 by freed American slaves?
- What country contains northernmost point in Africa?
- What two countries are linked by Khyber Pass?
- What was Sri Lanka called before 1972?
- What two seas are linked by the Suez Canal?
- What was Ho Chi Minh City called before 1975?
- What is the only island state in Australia?
- What is the smallest republic in the world?
- What country contains the highest capital city in the world?
- What country contains or is bordered by over half of the ten highest
mountains in the world?
- What is the longest (continental) mountain system in the world?
- What region contains the "Roof of the World", the largest and highest
plateau in the world?
- What country has the highest number of deaths related to earthquakes
recorded since 1900?
- What volcanic eruption has been called the loudest natural explosion in
- What country contains the greatest known deposits, variety, and output of
minerals in the world?
- What country has the most time zones?
- How many continents are crossed by the International Dateline?
- What continent contains the most countries?
- What continent contains the fewest countries?
- What country borders the most other countries?
- What independent country has the highest population density?
- What are the official languages of the United Nations?