Ten Travel Myths
The following article appeared in the January 2001 issue of
Outside Magazine. It contains an excellent discussion on
world travel concerns and misconceptions. It lists ten
travel myths that people believe, some true and some false:
- If you don't speak the language you're in trouble.
- Remote travel is expensive.
- It's dangerous out there.
- If you do get hurt, you'll never get help.
- Travel in remote places is too complicated to organize on your own.
- But I need a shower out there.
- Remote travel takes time.
- You'll get ripped off.
- Airlines lie.
- Don't drink the water--you'll get sick.
©2001 Curvin Metzler